Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wednesday

Well today was one of those rare days in my life where I laid around all day. Tuesday night I started coming down with a chest cold or congestion , although I felt good physically I knew from past experience not to drag my body down further by working out. So after sleeping in until 7:30 albeit I was awake at 5 because of the big mouth next door. After a cup of hot green tea and my quiet time Nancy fixed us a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs and grits.

Well I spend the rest of the morning laying on the bed in the computer room; reading and resting. I did that until Amy dropped Sam off then I read him some books and we had lunch together. I felt pretty good except for the deep cough which had not progressed to the annoying stage yet. After a lite lunch and lots of fluids I headed back to bed and spent the biggest part of the afternoon there, napping and resting until Amy and the kiddos came for supper. She made one of my favorite soups;Italian bean soup. Wow was that ever dewisheous and we cleaned the pot along with some baked crescent rolls.

I had been loading up on garlic, Vit C and an antihistamine I found in the cabinet and that so far seems to be working. I think not doing any real physical activity like playing pickle ball saved me. After supper we had our house church coming over to write Christmas cards to prisoners in the Florida system. We had a list of 87 names so we sat around the table filling out the cards and addressing them. Nancy had put out a large plate of her fresh baked Christmas cookies as well as tea and coffee. We did that until nearly 9 PM. I did get to see the last couple minutes of Survivor and what a turn around.

We also in our house church discussed a young family who is struggling due to lots of car problems as they have a VW and it must be a lemon or else they have been taking it to poor mechanics so we are going to brighten their Christmas with some gifts and help. I received a call from my old buddy, Walt Hampton in Sparta about 9:30 and we talked for nearly an hour. He is suffering some health problems as well and of course a lot of that is due to age. His young cousin was critically injured in wrestling accident at school and is now at a rehab in Georgia and another neighbor of his was nearly beaten to death by a stranger(down off the mountain) illegally hunting on his land. At least "Squeak" our sheriff and friend caught this guy and he is in jail in Sparta. Walt and Theila both need some prayer's as she is having severe back problems as well.

Well I've rambled long enough for a guy who laid around most of the day, I didn't even go outside to check on the garden. The weather here is still decent with the a/c off and the windows open during the day. LATER

No comments: