Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tuesday

The day started out much the usual with a fowl wake up around 5 AM, however I managed to tune him out until 6. After a cup of hot green tea and my quiet time I cut up a sweet navel orange picked from a neighbors tree; wow are they ever sweet and juicy then fixed my proverbial bowl of oatmeal with a banana before riding out to the rec. We had some of the best play we've had in many moons. There were 6 of us and for an hour and a half it was super play with long rallies. The wet shirts were everywhere. I stopped off at the library on the way home and probably should have brought a dry shirt to wear home as the wind was still blowing from the north and may have given me a chill. I started to cough a little through out the day and by bedtime I had some deep chest congestion.

Amy and the kiddos came for lunch and afterwards Sam and I played outside until it was time for them to head home for his nap. The girls once again were in the final day of their Christmas cookie baking. Sam and I sampled a couple through out their process as we rode tricycles, played with the rooster and looked for buggies. He has to have a stick in his hands at all times when outside. He and I have really bonded the last couple weeks and he is such a jabber box as he learns new words each day. The kids and I delivered several boxes of Nancy and Amy's cookies to the neighbors along with Christmas cards. They were so cute handing out the boxes and wishing them Merry Christmas.

I tried to nap after the kids left but I could feel some tightening in my chest and coughing was becoming a little more than I wanted. I started to think back a couple years ago when I over worked my body on the pickle ball court so I decided I would take Wednesday off from exercise and let my body catchup and fight this cough. The gang came for supper and I grilled pork chops and cut 2 fresh heads of broccoli from my garden, wow were they ever dewisheous and the taste is so much different than store bought. We also had buttered macaroni and a fresh toss salad, Yum!!

I read to Sam while the girls watched Avonlea then it was bath time for the kiddos and then off to their house for bed. I followed their lead and did the same thing and then watched Fox News, O'Reilly and dozed through Hannity before calling it a day. I slept fairly well with very little coughing as I found some antihistamines in the cabinet and chewed some extra Vit C. I sure will miss my pickle ball workout on Wednesday but because of the holidays coming up I don't want to take a chance of getting run down.

Nancy spoke with Diane(sister-in-law) who is taking care of her dad and mom in Michigan and the heart doctor stated his heart condition was going from bad to worse, so keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He is eating so that is a positive. Well I've rambled enough, LATER

No comments: