Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tuesday

Well once again the day turned out to be just another typical winter day in Florida although the humidity is on the rise. It was into the low 80's with lots of sunshine and blue skies. The Ross Family(Amy and Tyler) are in the midst of a severe winter storm in western Kansas with below zero temps and snow everywhere, there were pictures of the kids having fun in the snow on Face Book.

After the usual morning wake up from the rooster next door I did my quiet time then had a bowl of oatmeal with a banana before riding out to the rec for an abbreviated workout on the pickle ball court. I'm still not completely over this cold so I still want to workout but just not for 2 1/2 hours. I dropped by the library on the way home and checked on some books I had ordered.

I spent the next hour outside working in the garden; watering, pulling weeds and hoeing. The garden is really starting to produce and I picked only our lettuces for a fresh garden salad for lunch. The only thing store bought was the tomato's. I have plenty of green ones but they are slow ripening for some reason, actually the reason is the lack of direct sunlight due to the large oak tree in the back yard. Oh well!!

Nancy took off to due some last minute Christmas shopping and I read. Not much else is going on around here except its awful quiet with out the kiddos being here most everyday for lunch. I grilled a nice piece of Salmon for supper and we had fresh broccoli from the garden as well as red potato's. Yumm, good eatin'!! Not much else is going only except she spoke with her dad as he is doing O.K. as he is once again complaining about everything, usually that indicates he is having a good day.

Nancy and I are going over to their house on Wednesday to clean out the gutters and pick some of their navel oranges. I've been eating at least one orange or grapefruit daily since I started having these cold symptoms. After leaving there we will head over to Amy and Tyler's and water their garden as well and once again pick beans. LATER

No comments: