Friday, December 16, 2011

Thursday

Well the routine has slipped away due to this congestion in the chest and head. I've had a sore throat off and on but a little salt water gargling seemed to have taken that away daily. I think the real culprit was running the body down with too much daily activity, so I've rested the past 2 days and I'm starting to feel great once again along with taking some antibiotics Dr.K. called in for me. I actually think I picked up Sam's(grandson) cold a couple weeks ago and its taken that long to really hit me. During the pickle ball tournament a couple weeks ago I had a sore throat but with not a lot of severe discomfort. All of the home remedies worked up to a point until I needed to take some time off and rest and once again help the immune system to catch up. The riding home on the bike with a wet shirt after a 2 1/2 hour workout into a cold north breeze didn't help at all as well, oh well I forget I'm not a spring chicken any more.

I slept in even with the big mouth next door crowing his head off at 5 AM and spent the biggest part of the day either napping or laying on the bed reading. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal and a grapefruit I did head out to the garden to hand water for an hour or so. Its really starting to produce but I'm disappointed in my 1/2 runner beans as they were just loaded with blooms and now only a few beans are actually growing, next time I'm going to stick with bush beans here in Florida as they always do great but they take up a lot of room. Amy brought me a hand full from Tyler bushes and they are beautiful and he planted his weeks after I planted my 1/2 runners. Oh well!!

The kids didn't come for lunch so Nancy and I made a quick trip to Sam's for some goodies. She made a great pasta dish with sauteed asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, capers in olive oil and spooned over Penna pasta, yikes was that ever good along with a fresh salad some of which came from the garden. After the kids had their baths they headed for home around 8:30 so I settled in to the Fox News channel and eventually the debates.

Well the weather has been very nice and its been typical Florida in the winter weather, LATER

No comments: