Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wednesday

Well lots of changes took place today, but first the morning found me awake early much before the rooster next door. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with a banana I got ready to head out to the rec for an hour and half of pickle ball. The cable man was coming back between 8:30-9:00 AM to finish the job he started on Tuesday, so I cut short my workout. Nancy was getting ready to drive her mom amd brother to the rehab and reunite with her dad for the trip to the Tampa Airport and eventually make their way to the Detroit, Michigan area.

The weather changed drastically here overnight and as the day progressed it cooled off even more. A strong northern wind was drying things out with a deep gray overcast so not only was it cooler but it looked like a typical cold winter day. I closed all the windows and even put on long pants and long sleeve shirt, yikes this is Florida. It was in the 50's and supposed to maybe reach the high 40's overnight, so that was a change.

The next big change is we now have a land line(that works), new internet service and of course too many TV channels but the bundled price was cheaper than what I was paying separately. I cancelled Verizon with relish but they had no concern that I had been without service for nearly 6 full days, so I'm through with them. I understand their service is available in the mountains for cell phone service but since we have local service there I don't need them, so I will stick with my simple Tracfone that works there as well and mucho cheaper.

Nancy took her sister Betsy to TIA to say good-bye to her brother and folks and to assist with some of their luggage, that was a story in an of its self but the folks got off and the girls got back to the rehab to retrieve some personal effects left and to thank the gals who assisted their father while he was a patient. I read and got up on some business matters. Thursday starts a new month and there are just 24 days to Christmas. FedEX came by the house and dropped a huge box from oldest sister Josie, she must have forgot we had made a pact to not ship presents back and forth, Oh well. She is always the first to do her shopping and is very thoughtful and generous as well; what she needs is some grand children but it doesn't look as if that's going to happen anytime soon. Thanks Josie(Sharon)!!!

We ate leftovers for supper as we have had family dinners every night since as far back as I can remember this past week. What a year it has been with her dad's health issues and trying to find a place for him to receive 24/7 care. He wasn't pleased about the move to Michigan but at least he will be with family and if only now he would appreciate and be a little humbled by all the sacrifices that has been done for him. This move will make life a little easier for GG and hopefully give her some peace and rest. LATER

No comments: