Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wednesday

The day started out much the usual with my quiet time, hot green tea and a bowl of oatmeal with fruit then a ride out to the rec for some 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had a lite crowd but did manage a good workout as several are gone, on vacation and recuperating from the tournament on Tuesday. Afterwards I headed into the weight room for some 100 plus crunches then a stop at the library for some books I had on hold.

Amy and the grand babies came for lunch and after Avonlea they headed out for afternoon naps. I read until it was time to get ready for supper. Its just too hot and humid to do anything outside until after supper when it finally cooled down enough to work in the garden. I pulled up my collards and tomato plants as they are about gone then transplanted the little seedlings into bigger pots so I can take them with to the mountains. I'm keeping them in the shade and so far they are looking good. I'm really getting mountain fever as well as garden planting fever. Looks like its been wet in the mountains and hopefully will be the start of a good growing season.

The Lighning advanced to the next round of Stanley Cup playoffs with a great game last night in Pittsburg as well as the Rays won again in Minnesota. It was snowing so hard there it was visible on the t.v. Wow crazy weather. LATER

No comments: