Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday

Well it was much the usual morning with a few quiet moments and then a bowl of oatmeal before heading out to the rec on the bike for some 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. Well the first hour was fast and furious with some great rallies amongst 8 players before some general players arrived. By 10 AM I was bushed and ready for a break but I headed to the weight room for some crunches and a weight-in. Needless to say I put a couple pounds back over the week-end which I guess is understandable after all the great eatin' we did. Pizza,turkey and dressing plus mashed potato's, etc. Yikes it's no wonder I have to monitor what a stuff down my gullet, at least I passed on the chocolate chip cookies, fresh blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and fresh homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream, yikes those were hard to pass up but I did and I still weigh-in more than I did on Friday. Sometimes I wonder if its worth passing on all those goodies but hopefully it will pay off down the road.

After pickle ball the kids came for lunch and I had a salad with a little left over turkey, nothing overly fattening. I played with Sam and Ava until it was time for them to head out for their nap then I did some reading while Nancy took off to the mall. Not much else is going on as the temps have climbed back into the upper 80's and the humidity is once again high. We are supposed to get another cold front come through tonight or early morning with a little temp drop while not as humid. Looking forward to that change.

I had marinated some deer steak in Italian dressing over the week end and I grilled it tonight along with some fresh broccoli and sugar peas over white rice for supper. Yum and no fat or hormones in the meat, even Nancy commented how tasty the deer was. Well not much else is going on except Tyler did some update and changed the program for my blog so once again I'm able to make paragraphs, LATER

No comments: