Saturday, April 9, 2011

Friday

Well once again it was the usual morning except for having the windows closed and the a/c on. It seems as summer has arrived on the suncoast of Florida, but thats why we live here especially when the snow is blowing , Im wearing shorts. After my usual bowl of oatmeal after my quiet time I headed out to the rec for some pickle ball. It was wonderful this AM as we had only men for nearly the first hour and a half and was there ever some good play. We had a few players who hadn't been there in a while but overall the play was fast. Afterwards I headed to the weight room for my hundred crunches plus and a weigh-in. I'm still holding and down another 1/2 pound but I'm not progressing like I wanted to as I still have about 5 pounds to go.

The kids came for lunch and we had a fun time playing with Ava and Sam before they headed out for their afternoon naps, actually Sam took a small with us and I'm sure Ava has now out growm her naps as she will be 4 in a couple weeks. Boy I wish I could still be made to take afternoon naps, anyhow I watered the garden(whats left) and read before heading out to cut what maybe the last mess or two of Swiss chard. The lettuce is about gone and the heat is taking over the leafy green veggie's. What a run we had this year, probably one of the best for them. The collards and kale are still not wilting yet but they are getting close to the end. I think I will try to blanch and freeze a bag or two. The green beans are coming in but I've noticed the nematoids are back so they haven't really done well as I expected. The herbs are still great except the dill is showing signs as well as the cilantro of drying up. Hopefully the basil, thyme, rosemary will make it so I can transplant in the N.C. garden next month.

We fried of some fish alonf with tater tots and sauteed Swiss chard for supper as we were babysitting Ava and Sam. The kids really like the greens and Sam had 2 helpings, he is such a good eater especially if its green. After supper we gave them baths then took them over to their home for bed. They are such cuties and Sam went right down for bed around 8:30. He is not a whinner at all unless his gums are hurting from all the new teeth he is getting. We started watching the Ray's but turned them off when they got behind for the 7 th staright game and I figured it was anothe loss, but we learned this AM they came from behind in the 9 th to win, GO RAYS, also the Lightning won last night and are in the playoffs.

Well today we are heading to the beach for the first time this year, Nancy purchased some 90 sunblock and I will take the umbrella and get in a good swim. Well neice Arrianne is coming up from Miami today and we will have another family supper here later this evening. Should be a fun week-end. LATER

No comments: