Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday

The morning started out with the usual wake up at 6:30 and then my quiet time followed by a lite breakfast of V-8 juice and a banana. Afterwards I pedalled out to the rec for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had a large turn out but the first hour had 8 men with some really good play until the general players arrived around 9 AM. Seems we are losing a couple general players as they head back to Canada tomorrow for the summer. Speaking of heading out it seems about 40 more days and we will be heading to the mountain as well, hopefully. The weather there had finally turned warm and we saw lots of great pictures of the many spring flowers in bloom. The heat is starting to take its toll on the garden as well as the nematodes(root knot).

After pickle ball I headed home to pick green beans, tomato's and some green onions for the salad I was putting together for lunch. I may have enough lettuce for another salad tomorrow but the tomato's are still producing with lots of little ones. The herbs are still hanging and I'm hoping to bring enough with me to transplant in May. Amy and the grand babies came for lunch so we had a nice salad while the kids ate ham and cheese. After their Avonlea fix they headed out for home. The girls talked me into purchasing season 5 for them from Amazon.

Well I grilled a couple bone in pork chops along with parsley spuds and fresh asparagus for supper. I had pulled a couple parsnips but they were too woody, Nancy doesn't care for them but the couple times I grilled them in a little olive oil they were superb, oh well. We have the Ray's baseball on and they scored 6 runs in one inning against the Red Sox, actually that's more runs than they scored all season in seven other games, go figure!!! LATER

No comments: