Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday

Well the morning was just a fine one with enough coolness in the air that I wore a long sleeve shirt as I pedalled out to the rec for some pickle ball. We had about a dozen players, but the first hour of play was just great with some very good play. Lots of long rallies and some really good shots. This all took place after my quiet time and the usual bowl of oatmeal with some fruit. After the workout at the rec I headed home and Nancy and I took off for Sam's Club to pick up chicken for the smoker as we were supplying the meat for tonight's fellowship meal at house church.

After Sam's we headed to the drivers license office so Nancy could renew her license for another 8 years. We got there ahead of our appointment time and we were on our way home before our scheduled time, yikes is that a first as usually there is always a waiting line. After getting home I hand watered the garden while Nancy got lunch ready for Amy and the grand kids, Ava and Sam. It was just beautiful out with bright sunshine and just enough of a breeze to make it comfortable in the sun. I believe it was in the low 70's for the high today. After eating left over collards along with some rotissere chicken for lunch I headed out to feed my new lettuce seedlings and the rest of the gang took a walk around the big neighborhood block. After the kids left I got about 17 pounds of chicken legs ready to put on the smoker. I loaded the smoker up with apple and hickory wood I brought back from the mountains and my oh my was that ever a great combo for chicken. There was potato casserole, toss salad, squash casserole, green bean casserole, biscuits and cup cakes for dessert. I passed on the dessert but everything else was delicious and we had a large crowd with 16 adults and 6 kids.

Well not much else went on for the day except I managed to sit outside in the back yard in the sunshine and finish up a good read while smelling that awesome wood smoke. LATER

No comments: