Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday

Wow was it ever a another nice day which started out with a N.C.morning; fresh clean, cool, crisp air with the birds singing their songs and lots of bright sunshine. The feathered bird next door started about 5 AM but I managed to tune him out until around 7 before finally getting up. After our quiet time, I made a breakfast of a left over buckwheat cake with a couple poached microwave eggs on top before getting ready to head out to Tampa for worship at Element. Bobby had a great sermon on why we baptise. Great talk and an enlightening new perspective on this old tradition and the praise and worship music was just a blessing. Wow were there ever lots of new visitors this AM. After the service we just visited with the grand babies before heading back to Pinellas.

We made a stop at the super Wal-Mart in Pinellas Park to pick up some stables as they are much cheaper in price when compared to other grocery chains for the exact same product. We ate at the "golden arches" which was the first time in years that is located inside the store. Wow that place was packed with people and I can see why, prices!!!! After picking up some groceries and baby clothes we stopped by GG and Pap's before heading on home to unload. I got interested in the Nascar race in Arizona which was eventually won by Jeff Gordon. There wasn't much else to watch except some basketball which is good at the college level but the pros is like watching grass grow for me. The 20 year old kid who won Daytona last week in a Ford was music to my hears as I use to work that venue when I was a trooper sent there to work and direct traffic many moons ago. Its much more exciting in person than watching on T.V. unless there are lots of wrecks which today had plenty.

Nancy and I ate a fresh garden salad I made last night for supper and with a couple of my home grown 'maters on top made for some good eatin'. I sat the sprinkler in the gardens and spared myself from hand watering. It actually began to cool off about sunset and should make for some good sleeping weather tonight. We are for casted with some lows into the 50's later this week which will probably the last of the cool weather until next fall. Today we hit the low 80's and I'm sure after this cool front passes that temp will most likely be our lowest for the next several months plus the humidity will return with the heat; but its nice while we have it with the windows open and just enough breeze to make it pleasant. LATER

No comments: