Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday

Well its sure been a wet soggy and overcast couple of three days. I think we saw the outline of the sun for about 5 minutes this evening, after the wind came up and blew this front out of here. With the front passing through the temps have already dropped from the upper 70's to down in the lower 50's. Hopefully tomorrow will bring the sunshine back even if the temps are lower. This morning found me after my quiet time and the usual bowl of oatmeal with fruit, on the bike pedalling to the rec. We had a large turnout an unfortunately some very inexperienced players which brings the level of play down considerably, however the usual 4-5 players showed up early and we managed to get in some good play before everything with South.

After 2 plus hours I headed to the weigh room for some crunches and a weigh in. I'm still maintaining a small weigh loss even after this week end of feasting with the family. We sure had some great meals and fellowship with the celebrating of a visit from Miami by Arianne, a wedding anniversary of Amy and Tyler and a birthday celebration of son, Bobby. Yikes its a constant meal preparation at my house with family but so much fun. Nancy and I are truly blessed.

After the rec this morning I pedalled home to feed the new seedlings. I picked another 1/2 dozen tomato's and noticed that in a couple days we will have fresh broccoli to cut. The lettuce is still maturing and with the new bib seedlings we should have some good pickings for weeks to come. After a lunch of leftover salad with Amy and the kids I headed in to read and play with kids until it was time for them to head out for their afternoon naps. After they left I cranked up Turbo tax and file my taxes on line for the third year in a row. For 30 bucks its hard to beat their itemized tax return. At least my tax bill this year is 1/4 less than last year, but still more than I would have liked to pay.

Well not much else to report except it seems the rest of the week here finds the high for temps may reach the low 70's with lows in the 40's at night. I'm starting to think about when we will be heading to the mountains and if all goes well with Nancy's father we want to leave after daughter Amy's birthday in May. I know its too cold in the mountains to think about springtime but many there are anticipating that to happen and the sooner the better. We sure hope we get to spend a little time there this summer without traveling back to Florida every 3-4 weeks. LATER

No comments: