Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday

What another gorgeous day in the sunshine state, however we could use a little rain and I don't believe any is fore casted in the near future. The morning started out again with the bloody rooster at 5 AM crowing his head off. I'm just waiting until I get my chance, by the way how long do these animals live?? Oh well the morning started out the usual after I rolled out at 6:30(awake since 5) with my quiet time and then a bowl of oatmeal with fruit before riding out to the rec for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. Boy did we ever have some great play for the first hour before the gals showed up then the play went down hill and fast, Oh well. After PB I did about 15 minutes on the elliptical then another 50 crunches before riding home to water the gardens.

The broccoli started heading up fast with this warm weather so I cut 5 heads and we had 2 of them for supper tonight,my oh my there is nothing like home grown fresh broccoli. I still have a couple that haven't matured enough to cut. After watering I called our long time friends the Payne's and invited them to come by for some fresh collards and lettuce. I picked them a huge bag of both and they were most appreciative. Amy and the kids came for lunch so I made a huge salad and we put the rest of her turkey pastrami meat on top and along with the crusty bread we had a super lunch.We played with the kids until it was time for them to head out around 3 or so.

After the kids left Nancy took off for the rec for her workout and I read and then spoke with our mountain mom, Helen. Seems yesterday was a drizzly, wet and cold day with temps in the 30's all day. Today it had reached 47 by the time I spoke with her and the sun was shining but it was blowing like a hurricane. She said everyone was getting spring fever as most have plowed their gardens and are getting ready to plant potato's, however she still has her heat on during the day as well.

Well Nancy had sweet potato's with fresh broccoli and left over rotisserie chicken for supper. That was mighty fine eatin'. We are getting ready for Ava and Sam to sleepover tonight as Amy and Tyler are heading to Riverview for a birthday party at Bob and Jill's. LATER

No comments: