Sunday, February 20, 2011

Saturday
















Well once again the feathered alarm was at his peak around 6 AM and it was difficult for me to not get up a whack him, such a noisy rooster and so early in the morning. Anyhow the day started out with our usual quiet times and I decided to have grits and poached eggs for breakfast. Yikes was that ever good with a glass of V-8 juice and some habenero sauce sprinkled in. Now that wakes up your palate. After breakfast I ventured out into the back gardens to do some transplanting, feeding and watering. Son in law Tyler came by for some beautiful bib lettuce seedlings that I've been saving for his garden. I loaded him up with the seedlings plus a basil plant I managed to save from the cold and a hot chili pepper plant.

After he left Nancy and I decided to take a new adventure to the Oldsmar area(near Tampa) to the Tampa Bay Downs horse race track. Well it was such a beautiful day temps in the middle 70's and bright sunshine. It was about an hour going up as the traffic was heavy and we missed the road as we had never been there before. Well we had a fun time and played on their money while we were there. We only wagered on 5 races and won one so our total loss for the day including admission and program was $8.50. Not bad when you consider $6.50 was admission and program. Nancy picked all the horses and we were in the top 4 every time except one(we won that one) our problem was just not in the right order and we really didn't know how to bet properly. The facility is very nice and the horses were just beautiful and the excitement was just great as the horses finished. We were right next to the track and paddock area. Anyhow we want to go back again before the season is over with.

Well we had neighbors and good friends Dan and Carol for supper. I made another huge fresh garden salad with 4 different lettuces, kale, beet greens and of course my tomato's along with other things but my oh my was that every good. I crisped(burned) the brats and steamed some green peppers and onions, Carol made oven taters' and I pulled enough fresh beets for a mess, man were they ever tasty as well. We all had a piece of left over carrot cake to top the meal off. I already feel like I've put those 3 pounds back on, yuck!!! After supper we played a round of double 12 domino's and Nancy cleaned house with me far back in the pack. It wasn't even close close at the finish line. There was no photo finish!!!

Today(Sunday) is heading over to Tampa for worship at Element Church with son Bobby. He Annsley and Gabey are coming back with us to Seminole after lunch out with Nancy's cousin Tom and Kathy. Jill is giving and Artistry makeup show at Danille's house in the afternoon. I've taken out a couple packs of hamburger and deer burger meat. Should be a fun evening as Amy and her family will be here and the girls will get to play plus we will have some N.C. venison on the grill. LATER

No comments: