Saturday, February 12, 2011

Friday

Well I'm writing this post on Saturday morning after sleeping in, I guess that's whats its called as that feathered alarm clock next door crowed all morning, anyhow I can say I was in the bed until nearly 8:30.

Friday morning was another cold day for Florida standards, but no frost just overcast and a cold northern breeze with temps down into the high 30's. I don't think it reached much over 50 all day long but there was very little sunshine. I got a call from Paw Paw and it was single digit in Winchester, Va. there most all this week with some snow still laying in certain areas where the sunlight doesn't penetrate. All in all we are pretty lucky to be only this cold and my garden except for a few plants actually like it. At least that keeps the bugs aways.

I pedalled out to the rec after my usual quiet time and oatmeal for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. Wow did we ever have a workout the first hour and then only one player showed who held back the good play. What a workout and I had a wet shirt once again. I weighed in and I'm down 1/2 pound for the week. Not as good as I wanted but still considering the great meals Nancy makes, I'm tickled that I'm still maintaining. Would like to drop 5 more pounds before we head to the mountains in May, hopefully.

Amy and the kids came for lunch and little Sam loved the soup Nancy made Thursday night. He ate soup broth from a spoon which was something I'd never seen him do before but he loved it as well as did everyone else. After lunch we played and then they took off about 2:30 for their naps. We had an invite to Dan and Carol for supper so we just read and stayed in the house where it was warm. The wind made for a cold day plus the overcast skies made it seem colder. Finally the sun came out around 4 o'clock and made it a little cheery but the day was about gone by then. Nancy walked to the rec for her workout and I finished up another good true crime read.

We headed over to the Botbyl's around 5:30 with a huge fresh garden salad I made and then enjoyed a new pork over rice dish she made. After supper we cleaned up and then got in a game of phase 10 which Nancy won and then 24 rounds of OH -ell(H) which she also won. So I was going home with a winner. I got back in time to watch the Gold Rush show about digging for gold in Alaska at Porcupine Creek. I love that name and its a pretty good show at times.

Well not much else went on Friday except nephew Braden(Besty's son) passed out and had to be taken to the hospital. All his test came back good and the explanation for what happened was the first for me. The doctors say this occasionally happens to men when they urinate. Something to do with the restriction of the blood. First I'd ever heard of that. Oh well, he is back home and seems normal. LATER

No comments: