Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monday

Well the morning started out the usual with cool temps but the sun appeared to be peaking through the morning dawn so it had the potential for another glorious Florida day. By afternoon we hit 75 and it was just beautiful, actually had to get in the shade in the afternoon as the sun was hot, but nice. After our morning quiet time I headed out to the rec on the bike for some pickle ball, wow did we ever have a crowd with 3 courts going and 6-8 waiting at times. There were lots of wet shirts. After the PB I checked into the weight room for some crunches and to weight myself and the 1 helping has helped me to lose about 3 lbs. Also the no desserts and limited amount of bread has helped as well., but the big thing is to limit my intake and maximize my output of work.

After getting back from the rec I worked in the garden until Amy and the kids came for lunch. Nancy made a beautiful home grown garden salad(will post a picture later) and we spread a little of the left over smoked turkey on top. Yumm!! Sam loves this smoked turkey and once again had several helping with his bread and cheese. He is really shooting up and should be walking soon. Ava was her delightful self and is growing so fast as well, she will be 4 in April, where did the time go??

After the kids left I worked in the garden transplanting bib lettuce seedlings and pulling weeds. I pulled a nice mess of collards for GG and Pap and we are having them as well on Tuesday night. They are growing fast. The tomatoes are still growing and making but slowly as well as the beans, but the leafy green veggies love these cool nights and warm days. I finally have a cucumber plant that has broken grown after several tries, looking forward to a sweet home grown one.

We headed over to Amy and Tyler for supper as she was making her famous chicken casserole and Caesar salad. Yumm very good eating. I limited myself to no seconds except for the salad and 2 pieces of bread, but no dessert. Anyhow the kids entertained us and we decided after their baths we would head for home around 8:30. It was a fun evening and the food was delicious. After a shower I settled in to watch a little of the NHL all stars then watched a guy who got lost on the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon and survived to tell about for over a week with no shoes and very little clothing, Yikes was he lucky. LATER

No comments: