Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday




Well the morning started out the usual with a few quiet moments of reflection and thanksgiving before having a bowl of oatmeal with some blueberries and a banana. Afterwards I got ready to head out on the bike to the rec for some pickle ball. The crowd was a little less today with only 11 players but that made for some continuous play for a little over 2 hours, yikes was that ever good exercise and there were lots of wet shirts.

After PB I stopped by the library and dropped off some books and picked up another before heading home to hand water and feed the garden. The new lettuce seedlings I transplanted yesterday seem to be doing good as well as are the herbs I planted into the ground from pots. I think the real cold freezing temp's are gone from this year or at least I hope so until next December. I managed to catch another fruit rat last night with peanut butter in a rat trap so I buried it an added it to the compost pile for the worms.

Amy dropped Sam off on her way to register Ava for pre-K school in the fall so we had some great one on one with him. He is such a smiley, sweet boy but does throw a little tantrum when you take something away from him. He isn' t walking alone yet, but walks around holding on to something, he an Ava are best buddies and play great together for long periods. We had a great salad for lunch all of which I grew in the garden.

After the kids left for their naps Nancy took off on her walk through the hood and I sat around and read. Wow it looks as if the middle and north east part of the nation is getting another winter storm, looks as it if we won't get any real cold weather here in Florida but we certainly feel for our family and friends who are affected as this has been another one of the cold snowy winters and its just the first of February. Well I pulled a nice mess of collards for supper and my oh my were they ever delicious. Nancy added a little ham base bullion and wow does that ever add flavor as well as some pinto beans and some smoked turkey. What a yummy supper and very little fat or carbs. I'm still working on another pound loss this week of belly fat. Well not much else is going on except got a call from our mountain mom that the weather was going down hill once again and that she had a good visit with her doctor and our friend. The new calendar for February has the exact replica of the feathered alarm clock next door, how funny is that!! LATER

No comments: