Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday

The day started out with overcast skies but quickly began to clear off with temp's in the 50's and I think the high today was 78. The skies were a brilliant blue with lots of afternoon sunshine and there was just enough breeze to keep it very comfortable. After our quiet times and a bowl of oatmeal with a peach, banana and some blueberries with a little Cinnamon and honey I was ready to start the day. I check all the gardens and beds for deer damage and once again found none. I hung a couple loads of laundry for Nancy while she got ready to head over to Helen's. I finished sawing up the large pine into manageable pieces and then set the brush piles on fire for her. She loves to burn. I then dug up some more coreopsis that were growing in the woods and got them ready to transplant when we got back to the cabin.

After a delicious salad for lunch I cut down a medium size oak tree, 10 inches across that bordered the garden and cut it up into fireplace size chunks then split them in half so we could handle them. The real job was carrying them up the hill to where I could load them on the golf cart and then stack the wood near the fire circle. Nancy was a big help in carrying them up to the golf cart from down below. After cleaning up that mess I got ready to stake my beans with poles that I had cut last year. By now it's getting close to suppertime so Nancy heated up the leftover spaghetti from Sunday night and made some garlic bread. YUMM!!

After supper and the clean up we got ready to take our mountain hike to the top. We could see the building in downtown Winston-Salem from the top. What a clear day as this view is 70 miles away. We had a great hike and I made it up the back trail without stopping and Nancy only stopped once on her way to the top. There was just enough coolness in the air to make for a pleasant hike. After our hike we worked in the flower gardens,watering and weeding. Well its almost 8 PM and the sun is still shining but I'm slowing down. We had a great day as we both spoke with Bobby just before supper and Nancy was on the phone with Amy, her parents and neighbor Carol this morning. I want to catch the Ray's on the web, LATER..

No comments: