Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday

The morning started out the usual with the feet hitting the floor at 6:30 after a good nights sleep. The temp's were in the low 60's as we did our quiet times before having a bowl of oatmeal with fruit and a little cinnamon. After eating I ventured out to check on the gardens and eventually hooked up the hose to do a little grass watering. It's getting dry and each day we have been warned about heavy rain with possible flash flooding but we have had nary a drop for about a week or so.

We headed out about 9:15 for worship at Cornerstone. We were once more greeted warmly and made to feel welcome so much so that we were asked to man the nursery this 5th Sunday. We had 4 children ages from just about a year to 3 years old. We missed the worship service that honored all of our graduates from; 8th grade, high school and college. After leaving Cornerstone we made a stop at the fruit market and picked up a few necessities for the cook out tomorrow.

We had left over baked pasta for lunch then I watched a little of the French Open before heading out to Roaring Gap to play pickle ball. Ted, Gerald and myself played for almost 2 hours and believe me it was HOT. We couldn't get a 4th so we played Canadian; 2 on 1 with a few restrictions for the 2 players that made it equitable for the single player. We had some great play and all of us left with wet shirts. That was the first pickle ball I had played since the 12th of May. I must admit the play was a little different on the metal outside court from the inside wood courts but I had a major wet shirt which for me was the mark of a good workout. I got home around 5:30 so we had a frozen pizza and a fresh salad for supper. After the clean up I headed out to water the gardens before we took off on a hike to the top of the mountain. It was a great evening with a nice breeze. Well not much else is going as its just after 9PM and I can still see outside, LATER

No comments: