Monday, May 10, 2010

Sunday and Monday

Well Sunday was a little different as we stayed in Pinellas County for church. We headed out to our old church to see our grand son, Samuel get dedicated in the worship service. It was really very nice as we had dedicated both Bobby and Amy in that very church when they were just babies. It was good to see so many of our old friends once again and Samuel was such a delight. After leaving SFBC we headed on home for some lunch and then to get ready for Mother's Day dinner.

I watched a little Ray's baseball and they looked and played terrible against the Oakland A's; they were so bad the other team had a perfect game. Not sure if the long road trip is part of the reason but they sure didn't look like the team that is leading their division. Oh well!!

We had a full house for supper. I boiled brats in beer bath with onions, then grilled them and then put them back in the beer bath to soak before we put them on a bun with sauteed onions and green peppers. Nancy also made her famous yellow squash casserole and a chocolate cake with white icing, GG made a pasta salad, Amy made a regular salad, Betsy made spinach casserole and Bobby brought yummy rolls. That sure was a good meal. Everyone had a great time especially Ava and Annsley as they played and then bathed together. They were still running around at 10:30 wide eyed. Nancy read a ton of books to them but that didn't slow them down either.

I had a tough time sleeping last night as I get nearer to out departure date; seems I do a lot of work in my thoughts that needs to be done instead of sleeping. Oh well that's me just like a kid that gets all excited anticipating a new adventure. Monday morning found me up a little before 6 getting ready for pickle ball at 7:30. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with a banana I pedalled out to the rec. We had 14 pickle ball players today and afterwards I did my workout in the weight room.

Amy and the grand babies came for lunch and we finished off the last couple brats and salad for lunch then the girls headed out to Target for shopping. Well I finished calling all my creditors for changing addresses, turning the phone, t.v. and broadband DSL back on in the mountains and set up for our "mountain mom" Helen to pick up our modem from the telephone company there on Friday.

Well I will get out of here for now, LATER.

No comments: