Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday

Well it was another foggy morning with warm temps. After my usual spot of green tea, quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with a little honey I headed off to the rec on my bike. We had about 10 players once again and 4 of us got in some good play before the crowd wondered in around 8:30.There were a few wet shirts. Afterwards I headed into the weight room where Nancy was walking the treadmill so I did a little free weights and about 15 minutes on the elliptical. I have lost the 2 pounds I picked up over the weekend with all the heavy dinners and tons of desserts. I still need to drop 5 more but that is in question as I just plain like to eat Nancy's good cookin'and usually too much.

After the rec I hand water and fertilized the garden. It was so muggy I spent the rest of the day inside playing with Ava and reading. The girls came for lunch and we finished up the turkey soup along with a sandwich. Amy and Ava left around 2 :30 so she could get her afternoon nap and I took a little as well. I finished up another novel and started a non fiction book about the mafia in NYC.

Nancy had chicken breasts in a marinade to be grilled later for dinner along with oven 'taters that were rolled in melted butter with fresh chopped rosemary and parsley and then oven baked along with fresh broccoli. Yikes was that ever good eatin'.After eating I cleaned up the dishes that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher and then we got ready for a short visit from Ava. Amy and Tyler were taking dinner to the couple in the 'hood who just had a baby boy and Ava has a little bit of a head cold so we are keeping her while they visit.

Well its hard to believe that Christmas is almost upon. Amy, Tyler and Ava are flying to Kansas this year to spent Christmas with his family so we will have an early gift opening for them before they leave on the 21st. Well not much else is going on, LATER.

No comments: