Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday

Well once again the day started at 6:30 with a hot cup of green tea before spending a few quiet moments with the Creator. Afterwards I sliced up a navel orange for my breakfast before heading out on my bike to the rec for some pickle ball. Wow we had nearly an hour of fast play with 4 of us before the others began to arrive. We had around 10 players for the day and had some great play with lots of wet shirts. I have found eating a banana around 9 AM seems to revive me for the last hour of play.

After PB I headed home to work in the yard and garden. The heavy rain last night compacted the sandy soil in the garden so I took a garden hoe and loosen up the soil around all the plants. I also moved up 6 tomato plants from gallon containers into 2 1/2 gallon pots. There was lots of new roots in the old pots. Next I once again cleaned out the gutters as the oak trees are constantly dropping leaves and sticks onto the roof which eventually clog the gutters. Nancy had been watching Ava for Amy as she had a doctors appointment so she headed off to the rec for her 30 minute workout on the treadmill after Ava left around 10:30.

After Nancy got back from the rec we had tuna fish pockets(pita bread) for lunch and I ate the last piece of cake from last night,Yumm!! I just lazed around reading until it was time to put the hamburger steaks on the grill for dinner while Nancy fried the potatoes and heated the beets for dinner. Nothing special but the fresh rosemary really added to the flavor of the hamburger meat on the grill.

We got word that one of our house church families have a new addition this morning around 8 AM. Lucy and Marco had a baby boy, 8 pound Mason Christian. Congratulations!!! Well not much else except the temps finally cooled down again with much drier air into the 50's tonight. Once again cut the a/c off. There is more heavy rain in the forecast for this weekend. LATER

No comments: