Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday

Yeow it was a little cooler this morning as I got ready to head out to the rec on my bike after my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with a dollop of honey. We had about a dozen players at times for pickle ball; however one of our early guys pulled up lame with a hamstring hurt. Hopefully he will recover over the weekend and be ready again on Monday morning. I stopped off at the library and picked up a couple non-fiction books on my way home.

Nancy was still at her weekly Bible study at SFBC so I put a load of towels in the washer before watering my garden. The lack of sunshine this week has ready slowed down its progress. Finally the sun was out for a couple hours even though the breeze was a bit nippy. After hanging the wash I jumped back on the bike and headed out to the barber shop to get my ears lowered and then stopped off at Amy's and Ava's to see them and Tyler's garden on my way home. They were getting ready to head to Tampa to have lunch with Tyler at Westshore Mall.

Nancy got home a little before 1 PM so I got 2 large chickens ready for the beer-in-the rear on the smoker. I used a combination of oak and hickory wood. Wow does that ever make for a good flavor and the meat is so moist. I did a few honey-do's for Nancy like vacuuming, sweeping and helping her get ready for our dinner guests, Carol and Dan. Carol brought some cooked and deveined shrimp, cocktail sauce and a pot of smashed 'taters with cheese on top. Nancy had a big fresh salad with Greek dressing and french bread. The chicken was superb and we have enough left over for Sunday's dinner. After dinner we played 2 games of Phase 10. It had been awhile since we have played that game. They headed out around 10 PM.

The evening was fun with great food, lots of laughter and fellowship. Tomorrow we are at G/G's and Pap's for a birthday dinner for a nephew. Should be another great dinner. LATER.

No comments: