Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thursday, Last Post for 2009

Well this day started out a little after midnight when Nancy and I headed to Tampa Airport to pick up the Ross Family; daughter Amy, Ava and Tyler. Originally they were scheduled to arrive in Tampa around 10:30 PM but their flight with Continental Airlines from Kansas was cancelled because of weather, so they managed to get on another carrier for their return trip to Tampa via Dallas on American Airlines. We got back to Seminole and into bed around 2 AM and I tried to get to sleep but to no avail. I was sure keyed up about something so I tossed and turned until the alarm went off at 6:30.

The morning found me with the usual routine of my quiet time and a lite breakfast of cereal with a banana and a cup of hot green tea. I headed out to the rec on my bike for the last pickle ball play of this year. The outside temp was rather nice and mild. We had 14 players once again with a few players who hadn't been there in awhile. There was 2 good hours of play with lots of wet shirts.

I stopped off at the library then headed on home to hang a load of laundry before hand watering the garden. Nancy had to go get her daily Publix fix after her 3o minutes on the (t)dreadmill before heading home to prepare a fresh garden salad for lunch. After lunch I tried to lay down and take a short siesta but once again I was too keyed up. Nancy made a large pot of zuppa toscana soup, so I harvested about 15 large kale leaves from the garden as that is one of the main ingredients. YUMMM!!! We will take that and a bowl of spinach dip up to a neighbors house where she has prepared a pot of cream of broccoli soup and stuffed mushrooms for dinner. We will probably play Sequence(I've already called for the wambalance to standby for the gals) and watch the old year out and the new year in. Unless we get run over by a reindeer while walking 4 doors up from our house we are staying off the roads tonight. I know from experience there will be lots of revelers on the highways.

Well it sure was good to see the Ross Family after 10 days and especially young Ava.They are coming to the get together tonight as well, along with a few other young families and kids. Nancy and I want to wish All A Happy and Prosperous New Year and may GOD Bless. Later, Next Year!!!

No comments: