Sunday, December 13, 2009

Saturday on Sundy Morning

Well I missed the ramble last night after leaving G/G' and Pap's(Nancy's folks) cause I ate too much delicious spaghetti and meatballs, salad,bread and strawberry cake. All I wanted to do was take a shower and go to bed but once I hit the sack I was wide awake for awhile cause there was to much sugar in the cake and we ate late, Oh well sure glad tomorrow is rec day again for some pickle ball. Saturday morning found me sleeping in until 8:30 yeah I love it then Nancy fixed blue berry buckwheat cakes with a banana in the batter. I had a tall stack of 3 loaded with Smart Balance spread and real honey. Now that is some good eatin'. Afterwards I just lazied around on the laptop until it was time to do a little garden work. I actually worked up a sweat as the temps overnight warmed up from Friday night.

I transplanted 9 'mater plants and planted marigolds around each to discourage nematodes from attacking the root(root knot) and sucking the life out of the plants and causing the fruit to never develop fully, stick with me and remember in Florida nematodes are devastating to veggie crops. You use to could use vampan but no longer from the EPA to kill the little suckers but marigolds help. I then sowed another row of radishes, transplanted kale(best vegetable for eyesight,lots of lutein),broccoli's and more lettuce seedling's. The 1/2 runners are starting to climb my poles so hopefully beans by New Years.

The rest of the afternoon I lazied and finished a super book about 3 men held in the Columbian jungle 1967 days as prisoners, Yikes what a story they have to tell after surviving a plane rash. Two of their party executed by the FARC(bunch of teenage terrorists). The book is titled OUT OF CAPTIVITY. We headed out to G/G's around 5 for dinner. Everyone there but Bobby and family. I must get ready for worship a its a good 45 minute drive to Tampa, LATER.

No comments: