Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday

Well once again the day started out with a cup of hot green tea, a few moments with the Creator in my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with a dollop of honey for breakfast. I jumped on the bike about 7:25 and headed for the rec. There were 4 of us for about 45 minutes where we got in a couple fast and furious games before the general players arrived. The wet shirts were evident. We had about 9 players for the day with some great play that ended at 10 AM.

Nancy came about 9:30 and am I thankful for that as a cold, heavy, rain started to fall around 9 and didn't really let up until after lunch and it rain sporadic through out the day until late this evening. I was able to slide my bike into the back of the truck and stayed dry on my way home from the rec. There were several who offered to give me a ride home but Nancy saved the day. After a lite lunch of a frozen pizza we settled in until we had a 2 PM appointment. Amy and Ava came by for about an hour and Ava was dancing to the Nutcracker Ballet. She is so funny and so serious with her dancing, entertaining us until it was time for her nap. The temps were falling dramatically and by morning they are calling for 40's in the area. I'm so glad for that as we have had the a/c on the past couple of days.

After our appointment Nancy took off to the mall for some last minute shopping and I caught up on CRAZYGUYONABIKE.COM check this website out. Some of the pictures these riders take all over the world is just fantastic. I sure have a great appreciation for these riders especially after riding on the New River Trail last summer near Galax, Va. 5 hours on that bike seat had us plum wore out as well as some sore derrieres. Some of the folks spend years out there riding all over the world. Yikes, I would love to do that down hill.

Nancy made taco salad for dinner and with the fresh cilantro, dill and jalapeno pepper its was delicious. Tomorrow I'm doing beer-in-the-rear chicken on the smoker for dinner. That has to be one of my very favorite dinner's. Well, LATER.

No comments: