Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday

Well the morning started out the usual with a cup of hot green tea, my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with a banana. I headed out to the rec around 7:30 to find just 3 players as one player is recovering from a hamstring injury. Eventually we had enough players show up to have 2 courts going at the same time. I was struggling all morning with this head cold I acquired from grand daughter, Ava the past couple of days. Actually by 10 AM I was really to call it a day. I just didn't have the energy like I normally do. I stopped off by the library on the way home and picked up a couple books I had on order.

I hand watered the garden for about an hour then headed in to catch up on some correspondence while waiting for Nancy to get home from the rec. Amy and Ava came for lunch about 11:30. The girls were baking Christmas cookies after lunch. Ava was helping when she wasn't watching Veggie Tales. I got ready and headed out to the dentist to see about saving this tooth.

The dentist was one I had visited many years ago when he first went into practice in the Seminole area. Our state insurance caused us to drop his care after a few years and now that I'm paying out of my own pocket we will use him once again. I was in the chair for over 2 hours before they finally put a temporary crown on the tooth thus saving me from have it extracted or better yet an implant, plus saving almost 2/3 rds of what an implant would have cost. Great job Dr. Moss and no pain at all!!!

Nancy fixed stuffed green peppers for dinner with a red sauce and wow was that ever good eatin.' Well not much else going on except we want to thank our mountain friends who make homemade Christmas wreaths in N.C. and for shipping one to us.The smell "mountain up" the house in no time.It sure is beautiful with the red holly berries woven into it. If anyone is interested they ship anywhere. This is their seasonal opportunity to make a little extra cash so contact me if your interested and I will contact them. It might be a little late this year but there is always next year.

Well Nancy and the girls(Amy and Ava) have one more day to finish up their baking of cookies for the holidays. I'm sure glad they are giving the majority of them away as I'm already to fat and gaining daily. Well will close for now, LATER.

No comments: