Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday

Well I was awakened this morning around 5 with the sound of rain once again beating on the roof. Wow have we ever been getting the rain in this usually dry period of the year for Florida. My garden sure appreciates the wet weather. Anyhow after our quiet times and my cup of hot green tea I finished off the last of the pumpkin pie for breakfast before heading out to the rec on my bike. I had to stop at the library on the way to wait for the rain shower that suddenly sprung up to ease off enough to ride on. After about 5 minutes under the shelter I headed on to the rec.

We had 13 players total for pickle ball and 4 of us got in some good play before the others arrived around 8:15. The play was fast and furious at times with lots of wet shirts and it was good to see Leslie back on the court from her Caribbean Cruise. Must be nice!!!

I got a little garden time in after PB even though it was very damp, humid and overcast. There were showers through the day. Amy and Ava came for lunch then the girls took off to the mall for some shopping. I hung around and read until it was time to head off to Sam's to pick up a few things as well as gas up again. While at Sam's I tried one of the samples being given out and somehow an upper molar with a filling that had been sensitive in the mountain in October, broke into. So now I have an ugly space with a black spot between the eye tooth and another molar on top. Well I have an appointment to get it yanked out tomorrow and will go from there on what course of action is best suited. A bridge or implant!!I have little faith in root canals and crowns. I'm looking into an implant but the cost is very expensive. That's where a titanium screw or post is inserted into the jawbone which eventually adheres to the bone and then a crown is applied to the top of the screw. That procedure usually lasts a lifetime whereas the root canal and crown is somewhat suspect or at least it has been with us as Nancy had a 2 grand tooth pulled a couple months ago after that course of action failed. Oh well!!

Well will close for now, LATER.

No comments: