Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday

Once again the morning started out with a few quiet moments and a lite breakfast before heading out to the rec on the bike. It actually cooled down a little over night enough so I had to wear a long sleeve shirt as I pedaled out. We had 8 players and got in a good 2 hour workout. I'm finally over the head cold so my endurance level seems on the way up again, wow am I happy about that. I used 6-8 thousand units of Vitamin C daily and that seemed to do the trick plus I'm sure I built up some resistance for the next bout.

After the rec Nancy and I headed out to Sam's to once again get a few things we will need for this weekend for celebrating get together's with food involved. After getting back I hand watered the garden before Amy and Ava came for lunch then everyone took off for G/G's and Target. I just laid around reading and taking it easy until it was time to grill salmon steaks for dinner. Nancy made garlic pasta and peas to compliment the salmon for dinner. YUMM!!! She spent the afternoon wrapping Christmas presents for the family, mainly Ava and Annsley.

The forecast has some really cold and snowy weather for the N.C. mountain's so there is a good chance for a White Christmas there. Sounds very romantic but I remember on the farm that snow wasn't that great, especially when it came to caring for livestock. The mud and slop during the day then freezing temp's at night caused waterholes to freeze over as well as water troughs the animals drank from. We lived about a mile from a gravel road that was about 5 miles to the nearest paved road and our lane to the farm was always getting snow drifted closed plus we used fire wood to heat with so that meant extra work with cutting and splitting firewood in the snow; you always had cold wet fingers and toes. I really don' t miss that part of snow on the ground; however it was good to have a couple days off from school. Oh well!!!

It is supposed to cool off here this weekend with some rain for tomorrow, at least we shut the a/c off today and opened a couple of windows for some fresh air. To those pickle ball players who read this I was informed by the rec this AM we will only lose the gym on Christmas Day(Friday)LATER.

No comments: