Friday, December 25, 2009

Friday Christmas Day
















Well I sure miss the kids coming in at 5 AM and waking you up to open presents. For those of you who still have small children at home enjoy 'cause one of these days you will sleep in until 8 AM and the house will be so quiet. At least now the grand kids will come by in the afternoon and we will once again hear their squeals of delight as they open their presents.

Well we had an amazing breakfast/brunch as Nancy once again set the table with good fixins'; there was egg and ham casserole, hash browns, biscuits with homemade black raspberry jam, Carol made cheese blintz's and G/G brought her fruit salad all of this with orange juice and coffee. My, my was that ever good and should hold us until we have dinner around 6 PM. Nancy picked up a large rib roast that will go along with smashed red potato's that Bobby is fixin' as well as broccoli, carrots, lime jello, chocolate cream pies and a pumpkin roll. Now that is just horrible for my figure, but oh well what can ya do but just eat it!!! Medium rare prime rib, Ahhh luckily we only do this once a year cause I don't think my cholesterol could handle it more often.

I just got off the phone with relatives up in W.Va, Va. and Kansas and their weather is horrendous with below freezing temps, actually the wind chill for some are below zero with blowing snow, freezing rain and ice. I had to mention we turned the a/c on again this morning as its nearly 75 degrees with light rain and muggy conditions. We are hoping for a little cooler temps this weekend and it looks as if that might happen.

I probably will be be too full to write tonight and I wanted to make sure our grand kids know what we did on Christmas Day, actually all we are doing today is eating. Well with that in mine I will close for now and we sure want all those we know to have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. Later

No comments: