Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wednesday

Well the day started out pretty much the usual with my quiet time and a lite breakfast before heading out to the rec on my bike for some pickle ball. I got in once again 2 1/2 hours of fast and furious play with about 10 players. I headed home and worked in the yard and garden before eating a lite lunch of kale salad. Nancy after her 30 minutes on treadmill got ready and headed out to go shopping with her sister and mother.

After lunch I picked up a new non fiction book called Friends Of The Family by Tommy Dades and Michael Vecchione. Both are retired NYPD detectives who help bring 2 bad cops who actually worked for the mob to justice after they had retired. Great book and packed with lots of gruesome information. I read solid for about 5 hours and finally finished it last night.

I grilled Mahi Mahi and Salmon for dinner;Nancy didn't care for the Mahi Mahi as it tasted a little fishy to her the first time we ate it. It was frozen when we bought it. If ever you get that taste just soak the fish in salt water for a couple hours then marinate it in orange, lemon or tangerine juice. I used tangerine juice as my tree is loaded with fruit, but any citrus will do. Yeow was that ever good and no fishy taste at all.

After dinner we got ready to head out to our house church at Dan and Carol. We listened to a 30 minute message from Andy Stanley, yeow he is a good teacher. He is such a young guy much like our son and pastor, Bobby. I think we are going to do a 4 part series by him. We celebrated Dan's 55 birthday which was Tuesday as Nancy made a superb chocolate cake with white icing, Yummm!!! A super big storm was heading into Pinellas County so we got back to the house(3 houses away) before it hit. There was lightning everywhere so we stayed off the computer but did turn the a/c back on as it got muggy and warm once again. LATER.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Hey, that was 40 mins. on the treadmill not 30 :)..Nancy