Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tuesday and Wednesday

Well the day started out as usual with my quiet time, oatmeal for breakfast and a bike ride to the Rec. for some pickle ball. I got in 2 plus hours of good hard play then did a few reps in the weight room. After that I stopped by the library and picked up a couple books and headed home. I picked a bunch of fresh lettuce, broccoli, beet greens and kale to make a big salad for lunch. Amy and Ava came about 11:30.

After lunch I had to head back to the Rec. for badminton and played another 1 1/2 hours. I was having week knees by the time I finally pedalled home around 2:30. The girls had already gone for Ava's afternoon nap so I chilled until it was time to help Nancy make dinner. We had stir fry with fresh veggies only. Wow was that ever good with; fresh mushrooms, broccoli, sugar peas, celery, carrots, water chestnuts over white rice. I ate the leftovers today(Wed) for lunch.

After dinner I headed out to our Bible study at the Gispert House with neighbor Dan. The girls didn't make it as they were having some 50's ailments. Oh well!!!!

Thursday was another usual day for me in the morning; quiet time, oatmeal with honey and cinnamon and the ride to the Rec. Actually it was cool enough this morning to where I thought I was going to need a long sleeve shirt on my bike ride. The cool front that passed through last night brought about 40 drops of rain but did cool things off for the day today. I think temp's stayed in the high 70's all day with a stiff breeze.

After leaving the Rec. I climbed onto the roof and used the blower to removed all the leaves, sticks and fuzzies from the gutters and roof area. Wow what a mess I had all around the house. But you can now tell I have a grey roof once again. The pollen and fuzzies(from new leaf's) are just about gone, maybe I will finally get rid of this cough and congestion in my chest.

Well I helped Nancy at church with the fellowship meal; roast chicken, oven potato's, corn, salad and homemade chocolate chip cookies and ice cream. I'm still holding off on the dessert so good so far but I haven't seen any pounds or inches leave my waist line, YET!!! We were out of there by 6:45 just in time to make out bi-weekly Element House church meeting at the Botbyl's. There were 11 of us. Well will close for now. LATER

No comments: