Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday

Well it sure was nice on the bike ride this A.M. to the Rec. After my quiet time and oatmeal with a banana for breakfast I played hard for nearly 2 hours on the pickle ball courts. We had a lowest turn out with just 7 players.

The morning warmed up nicely and by the time I got home it had warmed up to nearly 70. I did a little garden work before Amy and Ava came for lunch. Nancy made a huge fresh garden salad for lunch and fresh Greek salad dressing. Man is that good eatin'. After lunch I read and played with Ava outside until it was time to head back to the Rec. for badminton at 1 PM. Well I was the only one to show so that was o.k. with me as I'd already had a good work out. I kind of took it easy the rest of the day, reading and napping until its was time to pick collard greens for supper.

Nancy had a couple of steaks in a marinade since yesterday so I grilled them and along with squash casserole and collard greens we had a starch less dinner. Once again a super dinner. After dinner we both cleaned up and watched Fox news before flipping back and forth between Survivor and American Idol. Well the weather was nice today with not much else going on, just enjoying retirement. LATER

No comments: