Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friday on Saturday
























































Friday started out with a touch of coolness in the air with the birds singing in the branches of the new green leafed oak trees surrounding our house here in Seminole. A lot of the pollen and fuzzies are still in the area as not all oak trees bloom and leaf out together, so I'm still fighting this chest congestion. There is a constant breeze which makes it feel colder than it actually is(wind chill at 60 degrees..HA). The day started out the usual way, however I've been remiss in failing to tell all about our live turkey which gobbles every morning at daybreak. Henry(turkey's name) will gobble at sirens, dog's barking and even at the rabbit in the cage he is constantly pecking. It sounds like a wood pecker at times, but no its just Henry trying to either get the rabbit or get in the rabbit cage and play. Oh, well after my quiet time and oatmeal with cinnamon and honey, I jumped on the bike for my ride to the Rec. for some pickle ball.

There were 7 of us and I got in a good hour and a half before I felt tired out from this chest congestion, so I headed on home where Nancy put me to work. We are having the family including her folks and sister for dinner tonight. I picked fresh lettuce, kale ,beet greens, parsley, onions, tomato's and basil for a big salad for dinner. Of course all of this has to be cleaned and dried in the salad spinner before actually putting the salad together. By then it was lunch time. After lunch I vacuumed and she cleaned house and started on the white chicken chili that Jill requested for her birthday dinner. The dinner turned out excellent with many compliments for the chili, salad , corn bread muffins and fresh baked peach and blueberry cobbler with vanilla yogurt for dessert. I broke down down and had a very small taste of each dessert, Yummm!!

The kids got here from Tampa around 6 and by the time the girls settled down it was nearly 6: 30 before we ate. We had a great time as the girls played so well together. It was nearly 10 PM before they headed back to Riverview. Nancy and I slept in until 7:30 this morning. Will talk at ya LATER.

No comments: