Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday

Well the day started the usual with my quiet time and oatmeal breakfast with cinnamon and honey before heading out to the Rec. for the Good Life Games to play some pickle ball. The morning air was cool enough as a long sleeve shirt was needed while riding my bike.

The gym was set up and there were several players there when I arrived at 8 AM. The luck of the draw gave me and my pardner in the mixed doubles a bye in the first match. It was nearly 9:30 before we finally played and we won the match in straight sets. Next we played a very talented husband and wife team from the Villages(outside of Ocala). We each won a set then in the final and third set we lost by a score of 11-9. This couple went on to win the mixed doubles championship and a gold medal. I would later face the husband part of this team again later in the day when he played in the men's doubles event. This time along with my pardner we beat them in straight sets and we eventually went on after defeating another team to win the championship and a gold medal in that event. All in all we saw some very good players from all over the west coast of Florida. I finally got home around 3 PM and was some what bushed as this chest congestion was still lingering around from last week.

It began to sprinkle rain as I got home and the temperature seemed to be turning cooler. Boy could we use some rain. Well Nancy fixed a great dinner with oven spuds, fresh broccoli and a pan fried steak. Will talk to you LATER.

No comments: