Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday
















The day started out with the usual except it was pitch black outside when I rolled out at 6:30 AM. After my quiet time and oatmeal for breakfast I headed out on the bike for the Rec. The morning was just beautiful with no humidity, warm temp's and coolness in the air requiring a long sleeve shirt at 7:30 on the bike. I got in 2 hours of play with 10 other players and then got in a few repetitions with the heavy weights later.

I stopped off at the library and picked up 3 books and the DVD series called JOHN ADAMS presented by HBO. WOW is that great what I have watched so far. I've finished 3 parts so far and the history portrayed is very refreshing and stimulating.

Amy and Ava came for lunch and afterwards Ava and I got in some outside playtime before she had to head home for her afternoon nap. I finished up my taxes using turbo tax on line and filed on line as well. Thanks Brian Kuyatt for turning me on to that program and it saved me nearly a couple hundred bucks. I always want to save money especially with this economy and the legislators we have in Washington.

After finishing with the taxes I mowed up 7 trash cans of dried oak leaves that Nancy had raked from the front yard. I reduced them down to about 2 cans and spread them in the garden for my worms to work through and turn into the best top soil around. My plants love composted oak leaves that are turned into castings(by the worms)as you will see with some of the pics I'm going to post later. We had fresh beets and beet greens along with a turnip casserole for dinner. Once again meatless but after the roast chicken dinner we had at G/G's last night it was good to give the system rest from meat. G/G's dinner also was complete with chicken gravy, mashed spuds,corn and salad with fresh bakery bread. No wonder I can't loose any weight. I did for go the chocolate cake(Nancy's birthday cake) with white icing, however that's one of the best cakes ever.

The Ross Family came by(now that it stays lighter longer) on their bikes for a quick visit after dinner. We sure hope Tyler has a safe an uneventful trip to Reston, Va. tomorow for his job. He will be gone all week so we will get to see Ava and Amy a little more the rest of the week. Well will close for now. LATER

No comments: