Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday

The gray morning skies promised a real threat of rain and shortly after day break the heavens opened up with a heavy down pour as well as gusty winds. We had a storm pass through that had me looking out the windows for tornado clouds. Luckily we were spared from any real hugh winds or any damage but the temperature rapidly began to plummet. By the time we had finished our breakfast, quiet time and dressed to begin our trip to Tampa for worship at Bobby's church the skies had moderated and just a light rain fell off and on all the way there.

What a great worship service we endured along with about 150 other enthusiastic worshipers. Bobby is quickly becoming a super speaker with tons of personal stories he shares with all. We stayed until 12:45 before had to head out and be at the nursing pavilion at 2 PM for a service we would conduct there for the infirmed and aged. I gave a short talk on community, sharing some of my childhood recollections of growing up in the country and on a small farm. We had about a 15-18 in wheel chairs and probably that many who came to assist in pushing them to and from their rooms. Nancy and I have grown to know and love many of the patients and all of their different personalities and I think we are more blessed by them than they of us. Thanks to all who helped make this a success for those who are unable to get out to church on Sunday.

Nancy and I chilled the rest of the day; she on the computer, me in another book. She made my favorite soup for dinner; zuppa dis conta. I had tons of fresh kale in the garden and did that ever taste great in this soup along with a couple of fresh green scallions. After 3 bowls(we had a snack only for lunch) I finally was full. The cool temperatures (now its down into the 50's already) made the hot steaming soup so good. Well will close for now as Nancy is fixing our friend Carol B. her 53rd birthday dinner tomorrow. Nancy will be 52 on Tuesday and Amy is fixing her birthday dinner. So we will be celebrating with tons of dinners the next couple of days. There goes my waist line again, Oh well. LATER.

No comments: