Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday

Well it was a cool, breezy morning especially when I crawled on that bike for my ride to the Rec. around 7:40 AM. The stiff breeze once again had my eyes watering. After my quiet time and bowl of oatmeal I was ready to get back in the routine of 2 good hours of pickle ball play then a little extra on the elliptical and weights. We had 14 players this morning along with a couple new ones. I think I will postpone that extra workout for a couple more days and stick with just the pickle ball play. Nancy walked to the Rec. around 10 Am and did her 30minutes on the treadmill then walked home and took off for her daily fix at Publix. She was getting last minute fixin' for Carol's birthday dinner.

Amy and Ava came for lunch so we polished off the left over Zuppa soup. Ava makes such cute ahhhh sounds when she eats soup. She is so cute and doesn't forget a thing. I took her out in the back yard in the sunshine after lunch as she just loves being outside and we played in the big piles of oak leaves that are finally falling from our trees. She was so cute jumping into them, rolling around and tossing them into the breeze. While I finally raked them up and put them in my garden she proceeded to pick many of my flower heads. She just loves picking and shredding them for some reason.

Well dinner was super as always with roast pork tenderloin, smashed spuds and gravy, fresh broccoli and pea pods out of the garden with cooked carrots on the side and red cake with cream cheese icing for dessert. I skipped the dessert once again but of course I had a second helping of spuds with gravy and pork.

I received several different photos from friends in the mountains showing snow falls all the way up to 7-14 inches. Wow was that ever a beautiful sight but with temps down in the single digits for tonight driving conditions are not very good for safety on the highways. You'all be careful up there. LATER

No comments: