Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday

Well the cool front that has been passing through our area is absolutely great. No rain though which we sure could use, but the lack of humidity and bright sunshine is just delicious. After my usual quiet time and oatmeal breakfast I jumped on the bike for my early morning ride to the Rec.I got in 2 good hours of pickle ball with 8 other players. I contracted that lousy chest cold once again this week so I'm not back a 100 % but hopefully I can sweat it out before Monday and the Good Life Games.

After the Rec. I did a little garden work and Nancy got back from her workout on the treadmill, so we got lunch ready for Ava and Amy. Ava is just a cute little chatterbox and just loves to be outside playing with buggies, shredding flower heads and mimicking the real live turkey next door. Amy tried to start potty training today but Ava just isn't whole heartily into it just yet.

After they left for her afternoon nap, Nancy and I took one ourselves. She is still having some health issues with menopause and I can't shake this pollen allergy or this cough. Anyhow after our nap Nancy made a Shepherds Pie dinner for a shut-in couple and we took it to them around 4:30; then came back and had one for our dinner as well.

We are looking forward to celebrating daughter-in-law Jill's birthday dinner tomorrow. Ava and Annsley will get a chance to play together as well. I will post some pictures tomorrow.LATER

No comments: