Friday, March 13, 2009

Thursday
















I'm a little late for this post but early for Friday(a play on words). The day started out with bright sunshine and cool morning temps with a slight onshore breeze. No real humidity yet(yea). After sleeping in until 7:45(Rec. is closed 'til Monday) I did my usual but only later. The time just flew by and before I knew it 10 AM was here so Nancy and I headed out for a 4 mile walk. By the end which was near Amy and Ava's we stopped to say hi and then realized we were both starting to sweat. We came on home and got ready for lunch as the girls were going to the mall after we ate. Ava was so cute with her sunglasses on and Nancy got a couple pics.(I'll enclose a couple).

I did a little garden work then kicked back to finish a very interesting book on conjoined twins in the early 1900's. The book is really informative with lots of pictures. I think it is a must read. The twins were Violet and Daisy Hilton and the book is written by Dean Jensen. They are buried in Charlotte, N.C. and lived to be in their early 60's.

After the girls got back and Amy put Ava down for her much needed afternoon nap, Nancy and I chilled while waiting for the chance to start dinner. Nancy made taco salad and that is another one of our favorite meals. Amy also loves that as well(it's not one of Tyler's fav's) so that since Tyler is in Virginia on business we kinda do all the dinners she likes, of course we like them as well.

After dinner we loaded up Ava into the stroller and took a nice walk. Wow we hadn't walked the neighbor hood in months so we stopped to to say Hi to several and visited with a couple who are having some real severe health issues. Jenny has lung cancer and has no hair and is quite frail, Danny passed away from Lou Gehrig's disease while his wife was in the hospital with a heart attack, our once babysitter and close friend Susy is suffering from Alzheimer's and her husband Wade has severe breathing problems.

Well we came back and put Ava in the bathtub and got her ready for bed then the girls left and Nancy and I settled down to watch Survivor. The time change sure leaves me ready for bed earlier than my normal 11 PM. Tonight will probably be a no post night as well.We have family(Nancy's side, first cousin) in from out of town with a new significant other so we re going out to dinner at the Bonefish and then tomorrow Saturday I'm heading to Gainesville with friend and neighbor Dan to the Gator Nationals. This will be my first time to see drag racing legally(I saw a lot on the streets) at such a large venue.LATER

No comments: