Sunday, March 22, 2009

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday morning was supposed to be a beach day but the air was so unseasonably cool and dry we decided best to stay home as I still had some chest congestion from last week. After my quiet time and oatmeal for breakfast we hung around the house for the whole day. I had started a new novel by Nelson DeMille called The Gate House. I finished it Sunday afternoon. It was a good read however I'm more of a non-fiction adventure, true crime type of reader but DeMille will hold your attention. Saturday evening we babysat Ava as Amy and Tyler went to the Lightning Hockey Game. Nancy made a great pasta dish with garlic, tomato's and fresh herbs. Yumm and Ava eats pasta as its one of her favorite.

Sunday morning we headed out to SFBC to work the nursery. We had Ava and Jake so it was a fun morning in the nursery. We got home from church and Amy and Ava came by for frozen pizza and I finished the leftover white chicken chili. Was that ever a great dish. I laid around and finished Gate House that I had started Saturday then watched a little NCAA basket ball then G/G and Pap called to invite us for dinner. She made a new lasagna dish and wow was it ever tasty. We stayed after dinner and played 2 games of "Oh Hell". Well tomorrow will be a big day for us pickle ball players as our Rec. will host the Good Life Games and many of our members are playing in the tournament with yours truly as well. Will let you know the results tomorrow. Well better close, LATER

No comments: