Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday Morning(late)

Sorry for being so late with this post but we had an overnight sleepover with GG(Nancy's mom) who has her house being dried out after a water leak that damaged lots of her carpets. There are several large fans throughout her house and the noise was just too much for sleeping plus all of the carpet has to be removed. Seems a drainage pipe burst in the floor from the kitchen sink and water has been seeping in through the walls; luckily her walls are plastered or otherwise the drywall would have to be replaced as well.

Tuesday started out with cold temp's and strong winds, yikes this is nearly the end of March and we have the heat on in Florida. It was extra cold with the wind gusting into the 40 mph as I rode out for a couple hours of pickle ball play after my quiet time and a lite breakfast. My eyes were watering from the cold wind as I rode my bike. After a good workout I stopped by the library to pick up a new read before heading home. Usually by 10 AM it has warmed up but not today as it was a gusting north wind which kept it cold all day. I think it may have reached the 50's but felt even colder.

Amy brought the kiddos for lunch and afterwards we all went out in the back yard. It had warmed up a little but not a lot. Ava and Sam didn't seem to be bothered by the cold as they were entertained by the chickens. After they left for the day around 2 PM Nancy headed to the rec for her workout. I stayed in out of the wind and read but I did get up on the roof after lunch. The wind was blowing so hard that I let it clean my roof off of old leaves and fuzzies from the new leaves. I used a broom to loosen some of the ones that were stuck down so I let the wind clean my roof. I couldn't wait to get off of the roof as it was really cold up in the wind.

I picked 4  eggplant and tried a new recipe for these small Japanese fruit. I sprinkled sea salt on the halved fruit and let set for 30 minutes or so then I coated the fruit with olive oil and then mixed fresh garlic, rosemary and some fresh basil on top of the coated half, then grilled for about 15 minutes. Yeow is this ever a good vegetable side dish as we ate the skin and all. These small egg plants are very sweet and mild and the rosemary is jut the right herb to give it a good flavor. We had fresh green beans and grilled salmon steaks as well.

Well that was about it for the day as the temp's are supposed to warm up a little for Wednesday afternoon. It may even reach the high 60's, LATER  

No comments: