Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday Morning

Wednesday turned out to be a cold and windy day. At least it was dry except for the early morning rain shower before daylight. The roosters had me awake at the usual 5:30 hour so I layed there until 6:30 as the heat came on several times during the night. What happened to the windows being open the day before and me running around in a t-shirt and shorts? After my cup of hot green tea and a few quiet moments I had a lite breakfast then pedalled out to the rec for a couple hours of pickle ball and what will be the last play for this week as the whole facility will be closed due to Pow Wow(festival).

We had a small number of players as several were visiting another club of pickle ballers up in Clearwater but we still had 2 courts going most of the morning. I stopped off at the library before heading home. It had warmed up a little from my early morning ride but the wind was still very strong and kept the temps down all day. We may have reached the high 50's but it sure felt colder than that. We spoke with our "mountain mom" Helen and she was freezing there with a wind chill down in the single digits. At least they never got the huge snow fall that was being predicted for the mountains. My home town of Winchester, Va. got a nice snow with several inches.

I managed to get the well pump primed again so I could water my gardens. I changed out some worn out parts on the outside spigot and now for some reason the pump will not hold its prime. It primes back up after attaching another hose but its getting to be annoying as it loses it prime overnight. I will have to ask someone who is familiar with these shallow well pumps what I'm doing wrong, oh well!!

Amy and Sam came for lunch and we spent these early afternoon in the house as it was too chilly to venture outside after lunch. After they left we made a run to Aldi's for some goodies before coming back to read until supper time. I made a guacamole to go along with our deer burritos, Yeow was that ever delicious with fresh cilantro, garlic, tomato's, onions and of course some hot peppers all fresh from the garden. Venison is so great for you and nary a bit of fat as we add some olive oil to its preparations so it won't stick in the skillet.

Well after the cleanup we settled into FOX News then I headed for the showers as Nancy flipped to the IDOL. I like to watch Mr. Bill O'Reilly and caught some of the contestants during commercials. Today(Thursday) I'm heading down to the VA to get some help with straightening out my DD Form 214(discharge from the USAF). I have received 5 letters from different guys I flew with stating they can verify and attest to me flying into Vietnam during the years 1966-1970. Several of these buddy's have some severe disabilities from the exposure we had to Agent Orange which was used to defoliate the jungles of Vietnam. We carried that chemical on our aircraft into many different bases through out our 4 year tenures plus just being on the ground while loading and unloading cargo and soldiers in country. Hopefully I can get this noted on my discharge(DD214) in case I should develop some of these same health disabilities.

Well that's about it for Wednesday and the plan for today. I learned that we are keeping Annsley and Gabe overnight on Friday and that we are having the Ross family for supper that evening as well. The kids will have fun playing together and that should be a busy evening, LATER

No comments: