Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Morning

Well it was another typical Florida morning with the humidity creeping back as well as the warm temps so the a/c was back on in the late evening. The day started with me getting the garage ready for my plumber buddy who was supposed to come by at 8 to replace a section of the water line that comes into the water softener from outside. It seems the other day while I was replacing some galvanized pipe on my well pump I noticed moisture seeping through one of the elbows on the copper piping so while I'm not very good at soldering I made arrangements for him to come by on his day off. I loaded him up with fresh collards, lettuces and peppers plus a couple gift cards as he refuses to take any money. He lives just a couple streets over from us and he had a year of firsts; he finally became a grandfather he told me and then he suffered a heart attack last year that required a stent, yikes and he still smokes. Oh well!!!

Nancy left to take GG shopping so I put he garage back together then had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch while tuning into the college basketball playoffs. They were on all afternoon and still on when I cut the lights off at 11. Ava and Sam were coming at 3 as Tyler and Amy were attending our former pastor's daughter's wedding. It was 10 PM before they came back to pick the kids up and put them to bed. We played out in yard and of course the kids were over by the chickens the whole time until we decided to take them up to the rec playground. Well that lasted about 30 minutes as Ava had eaten too many fresh tomatoes when she came to the house thus she had a tummy ache and eventually a couple trips to the potty.

We fixed a pizza and a fresh salad for supper but Ava was limited to chicken noodle soup but Nancy made them fresh peanut butter cookies and around 8:30 I made them old fashion popcorn. After their baths they were zonked out on the couches. I managed to watch a little of the games on the computer while Nancy read books to the kiddo's. We were both whipped by the time Amy and Tyler picked them up a around 10. They had a great time at the wedding and the dinner.

Well today is worship day at Element Church in Tampa with son Bobby. It's my turn to drive so we will leave here around 9 AM and pickup Dan and Carol. Well that's about it except for one cute thing Sam said to Nancy while they were in the backyard yesterday. Ava and Sam had been picking off all my Hibiscus flowers and feeding them to the chickens so Nancy said that was enough as the chickens had quit eating them so Sam looks at Nancy and points his finger and says; "Grandma you go in the house" and Nancy asks him why and he says" cause I want to feed them more flowers". Well that just cracked Nancy up as to the way he said it, LATER    

No comments: