Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Morning

Well Thursday was chilly to start with temps into the high 40's and it eventually reached the low 70's but the breeze kept it cool most all day. It was a sweater morning as I rode out to the rec at 7:30. The roosters were right on cue around 5:30 with their crowing. After a cup of hot green tea, my quiet time and a lite breakfast I headed out on my bike for a couple hours of pickle ball. What a good workout and we had another new player to show up who was very good. That makes 4 new players this week who play elsewhere and brought good and different play to our group. There were lots of wet shirts today.

I stopped off and picked up a couple new reads at the library before heading home to hand water the garden. Nancy was heading out to the rec for her workout on the treadmill as I arrived home. She reminded me I had a dental appointment at 11:30 so I read until it was time to head out. I got my 2 new crowns installed and do they ever look and feel good. I have confidence in this dentist even though he is rather pricey that he has my best interests at heart; plus his finished work is beautiful and he takes such pride in his work. He seems to become your friend as well and the staff is very nice also.

Amy and Sam came for lunch so we had soup and salad. Sam was such a talkative kid today with all of his imaginations and ad libs to his toys. Nancy read him several books after lunch and he commented on most everything she read. He is such a sweet boy with great manners as well. He is maturing so fast and it makes you wonder how did all this happen so fast. After they left I vacuumed the house while Nancy cleaned and dusted. We were having GG for supper so she headed out around 4:30 to pick her up. I grilled a couple marinated deer tenderloins to go along with fresh 1/2 runner green beans from the garden and oven taters. Yeow, was that ever some good eatin'; give me venison any day over beef.

After the clean up I settled into the college basketball tournaments with 4 different games going so I headed to the bedroom as Nancy was not interested in me flipping back and forth between games. I did managed a few moments of the Idol as they voted off the wrong singer in my opinion. I think the kid who studders is probably the least best singer of the gang at this time, although he is really a nice kid and sings without his impediment, Oh well!!! LATER

No comments: