Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Morning

Well Thursday was another busy day that started with temps down in the high 40's and it didn't get much warmer than the low 60's for the day and it felt even cooler as the strong north wind kept us in long pants and a sweater when outside. I started the day much the usual way with a 5:30 wake up from the feathered boys next door trying to out crow the other and after my cup of hot green tea, my quiet moments and then a lite breakfast of oatmeal and a banana I pedalled out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball.

We had a new player today from Pennsylvania and he is quite good. We had 2 courts going all morning with a few players waiting to get on as well. After PB I headed home to watch Sam while Nancy and Amy went shopping. It was too cold to play in the back yard so we played cars and trucks as well as restaurant; Sam now likes to cook. He is always cooking meals for the chickens, mud pies and cakes and usually Amy has to change his clothes before putting him in the car to head home. He has quite the imagination, plus he loves to snack. I fed him vanilla wafers, dried fruit snack and a banana all before we had a bowl of Nancy's homemade vegetable soup for lunch.

I headed out after lunch as my temporary crown had become lose and needed to be cemented again while waiting for my final crown to be inserted. That took all of about 10 minutes so I headed to the barber shop for an ear lowering. Luckily I had no waiting there as well so I was back home within the hour. I headed out to water the gardens as it finally warmed up a little into the 60's but the wind was still brisk, keeping the temps on the chilly side especially in the shaded back yard. I cut GG who was here for lunch a large head of cabbage as we are eating at her place on Saturday evening for corned beef and cabbage. I drove her to the dentist for a cleaning then Nancy picked her up and drove her home after some grocery shopping. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading THE PANTHER and its a fantastic read and a real page turner.

We had broccoli and cauliflower(from the garden) steamed along with a Caesar salad(from the garden as well) and its the last large head of Romaine lettuce. I have several small Romaine's coming on but this take a couple weeks to get to this nice of a head. Nancy pan seared some salmon steaks and wow what a meal and healthy as well. After the cleanup we got ready after watching the early news to head up to Dan and Carol's for what is our weekly house church meeting. It was just the 4 of us so we cut it short after about 45 minutes and made plans for them having supper with us on Friday evening. We made it back in plenty of time to watch the Idol and I headed for the shower and then to glance at the Lightning lose another hockey game while reading. By 10:30 I was ready to crash and it was lights out for me, LATER 

No comments: