Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Well the day started out with warm almost Spring like temps with plenty of sunshine and once again a breeze. I did my usual after the 5:30 wake up by the feathered guys next door. After my quiet moments I had a hardy breakfast of leftover stone ground grits with a couple poached eggs before heading out on my bike to the rec. Today was the Good Life Games at the rec for doubles play in both the men's and women's divisions for pickle ball. I partnered up with another senior Keith in the 60 to 70 age group and we had a successful run for the top spot. We never lost a set and won big in our division and then played the top players(just for fun) in the 50 to 60 age group and beat them in straight sets as well.

After the tournament play I headed home for lunch. Nancy had taken GG to the grocery store then brought her back here to our house for lunch; so along with Amy and Sam we ate some of the fresh garden salad I made yesterday as well as some left over meat loaf GG made. What a great tasty lunch and afterwards I headed out to hand water the gardens. The rest of the gang came out to sit in the sun and of course Sam had his audience of chicken. He is so funny talking to the hens and of course they are looking for any thing he puts through the fence for them to eat, like worms from my garden and the hibiscus blooms they love. Nancy took some pictures of him with his hens and rooster.







Well after Amy, GG and Sam left I settled in to reading and ordering books from the library until it was time to hand water the garden again. The breeze and warm temps have really dried it out and tonight we are fore casted to get some rain finally. I picked a dozen or so small 'maters and a pot full of sugar peas and 2 really nice Bell peppers. I also picked lettuce for GG and a couple green onions for Amy. The 1/2 runner beans are really producing and they are the best tasting green bean ever. My egg plants are starting to produce along with the spaghetti squash plant which has a small one set as well. This scheduled rain will help.

Nancy made a stir fry for supper using the sugar peas, green peppers, garlic and cabbage from my garden and with all the other veggies and shrimp which we put over a bed of wild rice, yikes that was some good eatin' and GG ate with us as well. After the clean up I tuned into the Fox News channel while Nancy took GG home. That was about it for the day as Nancy is still suffering with this sinus cold. I have managed to avoid her crud so far. Well it's raining as write this post plus the rec is closed due to the tournament for the mixed doubles team. My old women's partner decided she didn't want to play because of school so I will sit this one out unless someone at the last moment needs a partner. I will head up to the rec for a workout on the treadmill if all else fails as soon as this rain lets up, LATER  Notice Sam the mud puppy, he gets it honest as I was always in the dirt as a kid.

No comments: