Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wednesday Morning

Well Tuesday turned out to be just beautiful with temps getting into the middle 70's, no humidity with bright sunshine skies after a cold start. There was frost everywhere out by the open fields near the library and rec center and on just a couple roof tops in the hood. After my usual wake up around 5:30 by Sam's buddies next door I felt the heat come on then had my cup of green tea, spent a few quiet moments and then had a lite breakfast before pedalling out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball.

The play was good today with 8 guys going at it for over an hour and a half before a couple decided to leave early which left two guys coming in about every 10 minutes. The winners always stay on the court but switch partners so the two same guys don't dominate. We had the same group for two sets to seven of play using the PB scoring, which means you only score when serving. It was a good day of exercise and workout and wet shirts despite the gym being rather chilly inside.

When I left the rec at 10 the sun had warmed the air and made it very pleasant to be outside; what a change from the rather chilly start at 7:30. I spent the next hour or so watering the garden and cutting and cleaning lettuces for a salad for lunch. Amy, GG and Sam were coming to eat. Nancy got back from her 2 hour dental appointment where she had 3 teeth restored that set me back over a $1k, yeow this dentist is good but you pay for it. Nancy was still somewhat numb so she had a wrap while the rest of us had salad and I cleaned up the last of the collards and Cole slaw with a little of the smoked pork in the collards. These were just a tasty as they were on Saturday at Amy and Tyler's.

Everyone headed outdoors after lunch to set in sun as the house was around 70 degrees, GG said she was cold so out they went and I had to close the windows as I was airing it out after being closed up from the cold of the past couple days. They stayed outside watching Sam play with the chickens next door and he and Nancy were digging earthworms from my garden and he was feeding them to his chicken buddies until around 2 then Amy took GG home and headed over to pick up Ava from school. I cut her a nice head of cabbage for stuffed cabbage rolls for her supper as we used her cabbage for the Cole slaw on Saturday. Nancy headed out to the rec for her workout and I read The O'Reilly Factor The good, bad and completely ridiculous in American Life. It's a good read and he is quite writer with tons of facts and examples.

I headed out to hand water the front yard flowers and grass as its really dried up. I had picked a nice mess of 1/2 runner beans from the garden and I had them snapped and washed and ready to cook so Nancy put Salmon patties together and along with that we had a fresh garden salad for supper; time to start eating right after this weekend of some very rich and belly busting eats. Oh but it was fun!!! After the clean up it was FOX News then Nancy watched her dance moms and I tuned into the other talk shows on Fox, Later 

No comments: