Saturday, March 23, 2013

Saturday Morning

Well Friday started out with chilly temps once again but after lunch it warmed up to nearly 80 degrees. It was much the usual to start out with after my quiet time and a lite breakfast before pedalling out to the rec for nearly 2 hours of pickle ball. I got back to the house a little before 10 so I could watch Sam while Amy and Nancy went to their Friday morning Bible study. Sam and I had a great time outside for an hour and half as I worked in the garden and he did his thing with the chickens. I had to stop and watch him at times as he made cakes and things for the chickens to eat with dirt, grass and weeds. Everything he put through the fence to them they picked at and that just encouraged him that much more. Finally he got hungry so I washed him off with the hose and we headed in until the girls got home for lunch.

After a lunch of salad I got ready to meet my financial advisor who is just 5 minutes up the road.  We had a good get together and after getting back to the house we decided to head over to GG's to do some yard work for her. I cut down and then up the last of the orange tree and gave the big wood to the neighbor who uses citrus wood when smoking any kind of fish; so all we had to cut up were the smaller limbs and bag them for the garbage. There also was an old Gardenia bush that was about dead so I cut that up as well, changed a light bulb for her on the porch then we headed out within the hour.

We made a stop at Aldi's on the way home for some goodies then headed home as it looked like rain. Sure enough no sooner than we took the dry towels off the clothesline it down poured; good timing. I got a phone call from an old trooper buddy who moved away from here in 1980 to Lake County, Fl. He said he ran across an old address with a phone number and wanted to see if the number was still to me. We talked for nearly an hour and he is now retired from law enforcement as well. We decided to keep in touch and also become friends on Face Book. It was good to hear from Tommy Leathers as we not only worked together but played some great tennis as well.

We were meeting Carol at Olive Garden for supper on her way home from work so Dan rode with us and we had a delicious supper and tried one of their specials 2 for 25. That gave us 2 appetizers or 2 desserts and 2 entrees. The entrees included soup or salad plus bread sticks. We were contend after the appetizers, soup and bread but I managed to eat all my fettuccine Alfredo and Nancy brought her entree and soup home. We came back and played a game of golf until the lightning and thunder started as well as another down pour of rain. They decided to head out under their umbrellas to walk the couple house up from us before they got rained in for the night.
It stopped raining shortly after they left.

Well I tuned into the college basketball play for the next couple hours and saw an unknown team from Ft.Meyers, Fl. knock off one of the top rated teams Georgetown, to advance to the next round of playoffs. They are definitely the Cinderella team so far and have all the commentator's lamenting about the loss of this high powered team from Washington. It was nearly 11 PM so I cut the lights out and will read about the scores today(Saturday), LATER

No comments: