Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Morning

Well Saturday the weather cooled down considerable with strong gusty winds that made it feel even colder. The morning started early with the feathered guys next door crowing their fowl heads off. I was awake and up much like the week day morning as I had a friend coming down from Jacksonville to visit his widowed mother and he was into pickle ball. Luckily this was the last Saturday for PB play at the rec as the junior basketball league was to start so we got in a good hour or so before we were kicked out of the gym.

After  my usual cup of green tea, a few quiet moments and a lite breakfast I pedalled out into a dark rain cloud hovering over the area. It did open up with a hard down pour for about 30 minutes and by the time I exited the gym a little after nine the sun was shining. I had Mike follow me home and I loaded him up with a big mess of collard greens. I use to give his folks and still do his mom as his dad passed away in November collards greens as they grew up in the Va./N.C. area. We visited for awhile and promised to keep more in touch.

I put a load of clothes in the laundry then Nancy fixed us some left over taters and eggs for breakfast that held me until supper. I then worked on changing out some hardware on the well pump after making a trip to Home Depot after picking up GG from her hairdresser and taking her home. We were going to Amy and Tyler for pulled pork, mac and cheese, Cole slaw, collard greens and chocolate cake around 6 PM. Tyler had a 10 pound Boston butt on the smoker since 6 AM with hickory and apple wood for the smoke. Yeow was it ever delicious. Sam opened our presents for him as we won't see them today and he was delighted with his monster truck and buzz light year toys plus clothes and books. His other grand parents and aunts sent presents from Kansas as well so it looked like Christmas around the living room. We stayed until after 9 PM when  everyone was starting to yawn.

Well today is church day at Element in Tampa so we will ride with Dan and Carol and also today is Nancy's birthday. We talking this morning and it was also the day I enlisted in the Air Force 47 years ago and flew out of Charlotte, N.C. to Lackland AFB in Texas. I was 20 and Nancy was 9. Well that's a scary thought and we laughed about it. It's 45 degrees outside here in usually sunny warm Florida according to the Internet with overcast skies and if it were a 10-15 degrees colder I believe we would see some snow flakes. I remember one year while I was still on Patrol the snow flakes were falling, citrus froze on the trees and my tomatoes were frozen hard as a baseball. That is not a common occurrence here in central Florida.








Well once again this evening we are celebrating Nancys birthday at the Bone Fish Grille with GG, Betsy and her son Braden. There goes the spare tire and then again tomorrow we will travel to Riverview where son Bobby will make a meal for Nancy and once again another chocolate cake as his family was unable to attend the dinner last night at Amy and Tyler's, LATER 

No comments: